Cake in a Mug Recipe. This rich and chocolatey treat is perfectly portioned, ready in less than two minutes, and requires only three simple ingredients. Oh yeah, it will most definitely hit the sweet spot! It’s shockingly rich and indulgent; I love to enjoy it warm with a little whipped cream and pinch of cocoa powder. You can also customize this treat to make your own delish variation. Love mocha? Add a dash of instant coffee or espresso powder to the batter. Bananas or berries? Stir in some chopped fruit. Crazy for chocolate peanut butter? Mix in a teaspoon of your favorite nut butter and be ready to drool. Thanks to this lightened up creation you really can have your cake and eat it, too. You’re welcome!
This recipe makes 1 cake
- 3 tablespoons fudgy chocolate “boxed” cake mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
Add all ingredients and pour into a microwavable mug or ramekin. Microwave for 50 seconds. Let cool, then dig in.
For a tasty topper, add a squirt of whipped topping and dash of cocoa powder, or spread on 2 tablespoons of light chocolate pudding for “icing.” Add ~15 calories for either.
Try these delicious variations!
• For mocha cake, mix 1½ teaspoons instant ground coffee or espresso powder into the batter for 50 seconds
• For fruity cake, add ¼ to ½ chopped banana or ¼ cup sliced strawberries or blueberries into the batter and microwave for ~1 minute 10 seconds
• For chocolate-peanut butter, add 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter into the batter and microwave for ~1 minute 10 seconds