This mug omelet is as easy as 1, 2, 3: one mug, two minutes, three base ingredients (and zero stovetops required!).
Each bite is packed with satiating protein, brain-boosting choline and nutrient-rich veggies. You can use whatever you have in your fridge and leftovers are encouraged. Plus, for added flavor and deliciousness, feel free to toss in your favorite herbs and spices. This mug-nificent omelet makes breakfast a cinch or a snack in a pinch!
Swap options: For an Italian-inspired omelet, opt for fresh or dried basil and oregano. Prefer Mexican flavors? Add cilantro, cumin and smoked paprika. And, if you’re a fellow heat-seeker, drizzle on some hot sauce. Makes one serving.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 heaping tablespoons finely diced veggies
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese or grated cheddar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- any preferred herbs or seasonings
- Mist the inside of a (12-ounce) microwave-safe mug with oil spray. Add the egg and egg whites and whisk together. Mix in the rest of the ingredients until well-combined.
- Place the mug in the microwave, uncovered, and cook for 45 seconds.
- Remove and stir contents with a fork. Microwave for another 45 seconds.
- Remove and stir again. Wait for just a minute to see how much it has cooked. You might need just a bit more time or not.
- Microwave one last time for 30 more seconds, stirring at the 15-second mark and checking for doneness.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs to taste!