A friend sent me an article last week that I believe is spot on. We live by routines – how we start our day, office routines, schedules, and how we finish our day. It can be repetitive and dull.
I believe that routines are really good for getting “things” done. If I start my morning in my favorite manner – coffee, reading for 15 minutes, writing and drawing, working out, breakfast, and shower. I know that I am setting myself up for a great day, no matter what gets thrown in my path. Do you have routines that start your day off in a positive manner?
There are studies out there that report a link between happiness and creativity. Give yourself 30 minutes to play a musical instrument, paint, draw, work a puzzle, or create a recipe. Researchers have found that if you spend 20% of your week being creative, more than likely you will have more “happy days”. One way to become more creative is to become friends with an artist. You will see the world in a different way and you will:
1. Discover your inner voice.
- We are taught to think twice about what we should or should not do.
- By spending time with an artist, you will be reminded that you can be free to live on your own terms.
- You will discover your inner voice and learn that you should listen to it.
- When we look back, we often think about what we left behind.
- By spending time with an artist, you might create art for your heirs or become a patron of the arts that will enrich your community.
- Creativity can help lower anxiety and stress.
- Beautiful music can relax you.
- Live life to its fullest by learning from and collaborating with artists.
I encourage you to get out there and do something creative. Challenge yourself to try something new. I did challenge myself this week by taking an abstract painting workshop. Two dimensional art is entirely outside of my comfort zone. I had fun! Who would have thought?
Today, I challenged myself physically by being out and walking on the ice. Ice scares me to death!! I am home safe and sound, ready to start my studio work day.
I hope you will do something creative today, take care. C2
(Most of the points made are excerpts from: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/14/want-to-live-a-happy-and-resilient-life-science-agrees-this-is-the-1-type-of-friend-you-need-to-have.html)